The 174ATKW Chapel Team is Here for Our Airmen
The call to serve in the United States Air Force is rewarding but also brings with it some challenges. The 174th Chapel Team is here to provide spiritual care and ensure Airmen their constitutional right to the free exercise of religion. We also provide pastoral care and counseling to those of all faiths and those who do not identify with a faith group. Our chapel team is made up of religious ministry professionals who support the spiritual resilience of our Airmen both and home and when deployed. As spiritual leaders, chaplains are relied upon for faith and personal guidance. Along with our Religious Affairs Airmen, we also advocates for our Airmen and consult with leadership on moral, ethical and quality-of-life issues.
As visible reminders of the Holy, our chaplains directly and indirectly provide for the free exercise of religion for Airmen, their families, and other authorized personnel. Chaplains do not perform duties incompatible with their faith group tenets, professional role, or noncombatant status. Chaplains are here to serve every Airman, regardless of the individual’s faith background.
About Religious Affairs Airmen
Religious Affairs Airmen facilitate the free exercise of religion for Airmen, their families, and other authorized personnel. RAA Airmen are vital to providing spiritual care and are exempt from performing additional duties or details that impede ministry accomplishment. Due to their enlisted rank, they are also experts in specifically addresses the concerns of other enlisted members who may be hesitant to speak with the chaplain.
The Chapel staff is unique in that we provide Airmen with privileged communication. When speaking to a chaplain or Religious Affairs Airmen. AFI 52-101 paragraph 5.1.1 states “Under no circumstances may a chaplain disclose privileged communication revealed in the practices of his/her ministry without the individual counsel’s informed, written consent.”
Here at the 174th
- A member of our 174th Chapel team is always available, ready to answer your call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We provide worship opportunities on Drill Weekends so you are able to practice your faith.
- Weekday Bible Studies are offered regularly and are open to all.
- Our Strong Bonds Program is vital and active. We offer multiple Marriage Weekends each year. Strong Bonds events are also offered to groups and squadrons multiple times a year. In all our events, we focus on building home and work relationships to improve our Airmen’s quality of life.
- During warm weather months, visit ‘The Oasis,’ our Mobile Chapel, for a snow cone, a cold drink, some cornhole, and some good conversation with the chapel team.
- Finally, look for chapel team members around the groups, squadrons, and shops as we visit and reach out to let our Airmen know that we are here for them.