Hancock Field Air National Guard Base, Syracuse, NY --
AF Services Child & Youth Program is sponsoring the AF Space Camp Program at the US Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL for 25 - 30 July 2010. The Air Force Space Camp (AFSC) is a residential 6-day program that shows youth firsthand what it takes to be an astronaut. Activities include simulated Space Shuttle missions, training simulators, rocket building and launches, scientific experiments, and lectures on the past, present, and future of space exploration.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
* A dependent of Active Duty Military assigned to or living on an AF installation, AF Retired Military, AF Civilian Employees, Air National Guard or AF Reserve who have been activated within the last 12 months
* Must have a GPA of 2.8 (must provide documentation)
* Must demonstrate an application of leadership abilities and social maturity through involvement in school and community activities
* Must demonstrate skills and achievements outside of the realm of science and outside the realm of academic pursuits
* Must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore many and varied topics
HQ USAF/A1SA has funded all lodging, meals, and activity fees after arrival at Space Camp at no cost to attendees or their installation. Airline or POV travel costs to Huntsville AL are the responsibility of the attendees. Spending money for snacks, souvenirs, etc. are the responsibility of the participants.
Scholarships are available for youth ages 12 - 18. Application forms may be requested from Ms.Terri Scanlin's office.
Interested youth must complete the application package and send to:
Ms. Sandra Mason, NGB/A1SA, 3500 Fetchet Ave, Andrews AFB MD 20762-5157
Applications are due by 16 April 2010
All questions should be directed to: Sandra.email@example.com
More information about the Space Camp is available at www.spacecamp.com